Salads can be nutritious, delicious and an excellent way for athletes to get in healthy carbohydrates from vegetables. You can make your salad a complete meal by adding in clean grass fed/pastured protein and healthy fats such as avocado, olives, or olive oil. But did you know there is a secret weapon to bump up your daily salads to Super-food status?………add in SPROUTS! Sprouts contain up to 100 times more enzymes than raw fruits and veggies allowing your body to extract MORE vitamins, minerals, amino acids and essential fats from the foods you eat. Some of the most commonly sprouted beans, nuts, seeds, and grains include broccoli, clover, alfalfa, lentils, wheat grass, sunflower, mung beans, and peas. Pea shoots and sunflower sprouts provide high quality protein! Benefits for athletes who eat sprouted veggies, pea shoots, and sprouted seeds include:
- Helps to neutralize lactic acid buildup
- Boost immunity and prepares athletes for events
- Energizes naturally and delays point of fatigue
- Lentil, pea, and bean sprouts are high in protein and help with growth, maintenance, and repair of body tissue
- Sprouted seeds contain all essential nutrients for sports enhancement
- REAL FOOD all natural supplement!