From the High Impact Sports Bra Experts: This is the MILK that does your body good!
High Impact Sports Bra Experts Reveal…the facts about milk. We have all heard the saying “milk does a body good” but today I am going to take that one step further and clarify! Its CULTURED dairy that truly does keep your gut/digestion and immune system in tip top shape! Cultured or fermented dairy products derived from cow’s milk, goat’s milk, and sheep’s milk are a complete healthy source of protein and some of the finest proteins we can consume. Cultured dairy products play a role in many traditional cuisines. Europeans have been consuming milk as yogurt, cheese, clabber, or curds & whey, way before the age of industrialization. (Remember the old nursery rhyme “Little Miss Muffet sat on her Tuffet eating her curds and whey”). In Russia a popular drink is KEFIR which is fermented cow, goat or sheep milk. It is a lot like yogurt, but thinner in consistency. In Europe today sour or fermented cream called crème fraiche is a popular ingredient in soups and sauces. BENEFITS of consuming cultured and fermented dairy products Fermenting milk results in many beneficial changes. The microorganisms in fermented milk actually manufacture nutrients. Culturing restores numerous enzymes that help the body absorb calcium and other minerals. Vitamin B and C content of milk increases during fermentation. Regular consumption of cultured dairy/kefir:
- Lowers cholesterol
- Protects against bone loss
- Provide beneficial bacteria and lactic acid to the digestive tract
- Beneficial bacteria guard against illness and aid in the digestion of food.
- Protect us against infectious disease
- Helps with gastrointestinal problems
- Has been used to treat allergies and metabolic disorders
- Contains important minerals like calcium and magnesium
- Contains the essential amino acid tryptophan which can be beneficial for people with ADHD, depression, and sleep disorders