A good fitting sports bra is more than a must for every female athlete, fitness lover or casual jogger. As technology advances our bras keep getting better and better medical for a woman but also the comfort level support has increased. Some of us are probably even guilty of wearing a sports bra when they weren’t being physical active…that is how awesome a sports bra can be and feel!
It doesn’t matter what size breasts you have, everyone experiences bouncing during physical activity. Therefore, no matter what size you are, you should wear a sports bra while running or exercising. If the breasts are not supported properly with a good sports bra then repetitive bouncing from running can stretch the Coopers ligaments permanently. Continuous running causes the breasts to move up and down and side to side. This not only causes pain resulting from the trauma of excessive movement but will result in permanent stretching of the Coopers ligaments resulting in drooping breasts.
Benefits of a Sports Bra
- They are better during physical activity than a regular bra: They are designed to encompass the whole breast, maintaining the integrity of the breast wall, tissues and ligaments during high impact movements. If breast tissue is ever damaged, it is a irreversible problem. An every day bra cannot give that type of support during this kind of activity. Importance here-don’t damage the ta-tas.
- Less bouncing: A sports bra is designed to surround the whole entire breast, creating a pocket for it to fit in nice and snug. During physical movement, moving breasts can make the activity uncomfortable, annoying and straight up painful. To reduce these three worries a great fitting sports bra is ideal.
- Regulate sweat and temperature: The fabric sports bras are made of is different than your every day bra. A lot of sports bras are made with material that can either soak up sweat easily and/or wick sweat away from the body leaving you feeling less like you just jumped into a swimming pool. Some fabrics are designed for air control allowing air to come through the bra to keep the skin cool, while others are the complete opposite and help keep you warm in the winter, yet dry.
- Improve Importance: Keeping them on lock down can prevent them from getting in the way, thus increasing our ability to perform the necessary activity.
- Colors and Patterns: Just like with our underwear we like to have fun with our colors and patterns of our bras. The best part about the sports bra though is that it is okay to see the bra, unlike with underwear and your every day bra. Wearing your bra with a workout tank or not shirt at all can show off a fun color to help accessorize with your outfit.
- All day every day: The sports bra for some woman is the one bra they would have no problem wearing 24/7. It is just so dang comfortable that you forget it is on!
- Flattering: Some high impact sports bras like the, Shefit bra, are designed not just to feel great but to flatter your chest and figure. No flattened breasts with the Shefit bra. Most may not even be able to tell you are wearing a sports bra…it looks that good!