Finding the perfect sports bra is like finding the perfect partner. No, we’re not talking about tall, dark and handsome; we’re talking about custom strap adjustments, front zipper, removable pads, and most importantly, personalized bust band.
Just like your search for a compatible partner, the search for the perfect sports bra should be no different… I mean, your sports bra will be supporting your girls, so you two will be spending A LOT of time together. Why not hold out for the perfect match?
Although our Ultimate Sports Bra has numerous recognizable components, we’ll focus on the importance of our personalized bust band:
In general, what’s so important about a bra that properly fits your bust?
For starters, a personalized bust band is a BIG deal. Without this, your breasts will not be properly supported from underneath, which will lead to a lack of comfort and lift. Nearly 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size, and the majority of these cases involve a poorly fitting bust band. It’s common for women to overestimate their band size, which can put immense stress on the shoulder-area. Down the line this can lead to neck pain, back pain and headaches.
So, what are the benefits of the Ultimate Sports Bras personalized bust band?
- Our customized rib fit reduces instability with nearly 10” of bust band adjustability.
- The 2” bust band creates a secure shelf that will never stretch or roll.
- You’ll experience immense support and confidence. No more worrying about ‘falling out of the bottom.’
In addition to this, certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brad Bengtson, MD, FACS, has completed extensive research on our Ultimate Sports Bra. His research has concluded that when in the correct size, our bra can create up to 35% more lift and maintained support than standard sports bras. In fact, we believe that 99% of women, when in the right size, will prefer our bra over competitors.
How do I find the correct size?
First, we recommend using a soft measuring tape to find your individual measurements. Once these measurements are found, input these numbers into our size calculator. For the most accurate sizing, complete the following steps:
- Step One: Pull the measuring tape comfortably around the fullest part of your bust and make note of your measurement.
- Step Two: For proper bust band calculation, measure at the base of your breasts along your rib cage and make note of the measurement. Be sure the tape is level and evenly wrapped around you!
- Step Three: Enter your two measurements into our size calculator, found here. Voilà!
If you don’t have a soft measuring tape we recommend referencing our “cheat sheet.” Although, this is not as accurate as directly measuring yourself, it’s more accurate than purely guessing.
Don’t fret. If you order the wrong size, simply return the bra and we’ll work with you to find the correct size.
Keep in mind that in order to lengthen the life of your Ultimate Sports Bra, proper bra maintenance is essential. By not taking care of your beloved sports bra, you risk deteriorating and outstretching numerous bra components—including the bust band. For tips on bra maintenance, reference our previous blog post.
For more information on finding the correct fit for your girls, visit: shefit.com/pages/size-chart.