CHEFIT: Easy Chicken Burrito Bowls
Lunch time meal prep does not have to be super complicated to be delicious and healthy. Using things like precooked beans, grains, and buying a rotisserie chicken are some of my favorite shortcuts to simple meals. This bowl comes together with an easy cilantro-lime yogurt sauce that you will not be able to resist! This recipe is perfect for preparing ahead of a busy week and portioning them out as needed.
CHEFIT expert and registered dietitian, Jenn Fillenworth (better known as Jenny with the Good Eats) breaks down this tasty dish below.
Makes 4 bowls
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, quinoa, or other preferred grain
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice OR quinoa
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium lime
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Assemble bowls by placing grains on the bottom then topping with black beans, corn, shredded chicken, and tomatoes.
- To make sauce, combine yogurt, cilantro, lime zest and juice, and salt in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add a drizzle of sauce to the bowls just before serving. Garnish with additional cilantro as desired.
Check out Jenn's Instagram and Food Blog for more recipe inspiration. We will be featuring many more of her delicious snack and meal recipes on CHEFIT. Enjoy! 😊