Sep 28, 17
Support the Girls: Post Surgical Recovery in Breast-Care Patients
It’s no secret that beauty standards in America have a tendency to be unrealistic and over-the-top. However, we also understand that being self-confident is key to achieving happiness and the ability to be a functioning member of society. Now more than ever, individuals are looking to plastic surgery procedures in order to reconstruct, reshape and repair various body components—with breast-related surgeries being the most popular surgical procedures among women.
Whether you’re in the market for more volume to help with confidence, need downsize your rack to help your back and neck comfort, or you’re looking to reconstruct your girls after kicking cancer’s ass, Shefit supports you 100%. No matter what breast predicament you may be in, our Ultimate Sports Bra is one of the top bras for post-surgical endeavors. So much so, that renowned board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brad Bengtson, MD FACS, has endorsed the Shefit Ultimate Sports Bra.
“Shefit is a uniquely designed sports bra with patented adjustability for maximum support. We have scientifically studied the Shefit design, and it allows even recent postoperative breast patients increased early mobility, activity with significantly improved comfort,” said Dr. Bengston. Through extensive research and years of industry experience, Dr. Bengston has concluded that the Ultimate Sports Bra creates up to 35% more lift and maintained support than standard sports bras, provides top-of-the-line support without compression, and features a long-lasting ergonomic design.
“Walking through breast cancer is hard enough. Choosing a double mastectomy is not easy. Recovery is even harder living post-operative with drain tubes, unable to lift your arms, unable to wash your hair, unable to dress yourself, unable to sleep any other way but sitting up, maybe even for months. Life as you knew it is not the same, nor will it be. I passionately believe that Shefit can restore the dignity to female mastectomy patients, at the very least giving us affordable, beautiful and even sexy, yes sexy options. The adjustability is innovative and just might throw any comparable product into the “donate” bin,” Missy McCann, breast cancer survivor and blogger.
If you choose to put your girls under the knife, make sure you know the facts beforehand, (and have your Ultimate Sports Bra by your side for post-surgical recovery):
There are two forms of plastic surgery:
- Reconstructive plastic surgery, which is intended to repair parts of the body that may have been damaged in an injury, by disease, or through a birth defect. The goal of this surgery is to restore parts of the body to normal form and functionality.
- Cosmetic plastic surgery, which is intended to reconstruct perfectly healthy structures of the body.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 15.9 million cosmetic procedures and 5.8 million reconstructive procedures took place in 2015.
In 2015, plastic surgeons across the country completed the following number of breast-related surgeries:
- 279,143 breast augmentations
- 106,338 breast reconstructions
- 100,825 breast reductions (including cosmetic and reconstructive procedures)
- 99,614 breast lifts
How much do breast-related surgeries cost, anyway?
- National avg. surgeon fee for a breast augmentation = $3,822 (Total expenditure in 2015 = $1.06 billion)
- National avg. surgeon fee for a breast lift = $4,419 (Total expenditure in 2015 = $440 million)
- National avg. surgeon fee for a breast reduction = $5,425 (Total expenditure in 2015 = $220 billion)
92% of all plastic surgery procedures completed in 2015 were done on females and 8% were done on males.
Who is getting plastic surgery procedures?
- 226,000 procedures were completed on 13-19 year olds
- 816,000 procedures were completed on 20-29 year olds
- 7 million procedures were completed on 30-39 year olds
- 4 million procedures were completed on 40-54 year old
- 9 million procedures were completed on individuals 55 years and older
(P.S. Breast augmentations was the most completed surgical procedure among all age groups)
Don’t get us wrong: We believe every female is gorgeous in their own individual way, no matter what shape or size they may be. And we want to support confidence and activity; so, if undergoing a surgical procedure will positively impact your day-to-day life, then go for it! Shefit has your back (or, your rack as it were).