Easy and Delicious Roasted Beet Hummus Recipe
If you’ve never tried hummus before, now’s the time! This simple dip made from chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and sea salt has become one of the nation’s top snack foods – and for good reason! People who eat this healthy dip on a regular basis tend to have a smaller waistline and a healthier diet overall – probably due to the fact that it’s filled with fiber, protein and slow-digesting carbs to help you stay satisfied longer. Not only that, hummus is alsogluten-freeandvegan, so it’s a perfect solution for those with dietary restrictions. You can add in a variety of different flavors like jalapeno, roasted red pepper and beets to spice up your meal. Try this delicious and easy roasted beet hummus recipe – it’ll turn any skeptic into a hummus lover!
So why is beet hummus so good for you? It’s all in the ingredients! Read on to find out why!
- This little bean is chock full of plant-based protein and fiber which can help you feel fuller, longer. It can also aid in digestion, and contribute to a healthy heart.
- Chickpeas are also full of iron which can help boost your energy (it might even help motivate you to get to the gym)!
- Chickpeas can help with those pesky PMS symptoms as they are a good source of magnesium, manganese and Vitamin B6.
2. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- EVOO is composed mostly of monunsaturated fatty acids (MUFA), most notably oleic acid which helps fight free radical damage and protects your heart.
- Eating healthy fats like MUFAs can help to control excess insulin in your body which can then lead to a decrease in hunger, cravings and overeating.
- EVOO is also high in antioxidants making it helpful in the prevention of certain types of cancer.
- Raw garlic is full of nutrients including flavonoids, oligosaccharides, selenium and high levels of sulfur.
- Eating raw garlic has been proven to reduce the risk factors associated with heart disease, as well as reduce inflammation and boost immunity.
- Garlic is also great for your skin as it can help to fight wrinkles and slow down the signs of aging.
4. Lemon Juice
- Lemon juice has an alkalizing effect on the body, which can help combat the acidity in your body.
- Lemon juice can also help to boost digestion and help keep your blood sugar levels stable.
- Lemon juice is also full of immunity-boosting Vitamin C.
- Tahini is a paste made of ground sesame seeds – seeds that are chock full of high levels of copper, magnesium, zinc, iron, phosphorus and calcium.
- Sesame seeds are also full of vitamin E which can help reduce the risks of insulin resistance, heart disease and cancer.
- Beets are a delicious source of anti-oxidants and have both anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties.
- Beets are also full of betalains, a group of potent anti-oxidants that work to fight free radical and inflammation-related chronic diseases like heart disease, obesity and in some cases cancer.
- Beets are chock full of nitrates which are used and converted by the body into nitric oxide. This compound increases overall blood flow and circulation, which can lead to lower blood pressure.
- Beets are also rich in betaine, an amino acid that can help to prevent and reduce the accumulation of fat in the liver. With this reduction of fat, your liver is better able to clean your blood and detoxify your body.
BOOST YOUR WORKOUT WITH BEETS: Beets for Pre-Workout Fuel: 3 All-Natural Homemade Drink Recipes
Pre or Post Workout Healthy Snack: Easy Gluten Free Beet Hummus Recipe
- 2 large beets (peeled, roasted and chopped)
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp choppped dill for garnish
- Wash and peel the beets, wrap them individually in foil, and roast for 1.5 hours at 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, lemon juice, minced garlic, tahini, paprika, salt, olive oil and pepper.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, add them to the food processor and purée all ingredients together.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle with dill for garnish.
- Smile and share ☺
- Rinse the canned chickpeas before putting them in the food processor to help reduce the sodium content of your dip.
- To help cut calories, use vegetables such as carrots, snap peas, celery, broccoli, or tomatoes to dip instead of pita chips or pretzels.
So if you’re looking forhealthy snack ideas to help in your weight loss goals, hummus is the perfect choice. Try using hummus in a variety of ways – as an alternative to mayo on your sandwich, on top of grilled chicken or fish or as a dip for your veggies. Its combination of belly-filling fiber, protein and slow digesting carbs make it the ideal pre and post workout snack. So whip up some amazing andeasy roasted beet hummustoday –your taste buds will thank you!
Eating nutritious foods like hummus shouldn’t be the only thing you do as part of yourhealthylifestyle routine. Regular exercise and eating right go hand in hand to keep your body and mind in prime shape. But before you go out and buy the “cutest” or “sexiest” workout gear you can find, let’s talk about the importance of a good sports bra. While there are plenty of sports bras out there that look “pretty”, it’s important to keep in mind that they are a crucial part of your workout wardrobe! Because if there’s one thing you should spend your money on, it’s definitely a good sports bra. Not only does it provide the correct amount of support, it can also provide amazing comfort and relieve pain. Wearing an ill-fitting sports bra can lead to back and breast pain as your breasts aren’t supported all the way around. That’s whereShefit's Ultimate Sports Bra for large breasts comes in. Its patented adjustability is designed to support you from all angles, and its two way wear flexibility ensures that you’re not only comfortable but fully supported too. It’s the only women’s fitness gear you’ll really need!