The Best 20 Minute Fat Burning Workout to Rev Up Your Metabolism
How to Lose Your Belly Quick: 20 Minute Full Body Workout for Beginners
Hate working out? Don’t have time to hit the gym? No motivation to get fit and be healthy? Well all of those things are just excuses and with this 20 minute fat burning cardio workout for beginners, you really have no excuse not to give it a try. Fast and effective, this full body workout combines aerobic activity with body-weight strengthening exercises to help you build muscle and rev up your metabolism so you can burn fat and lose weight. What’s even better there’s no equipment required! You can easily perform all of the exercises at home in as little as 20 minutes. So now’s the perfect time to lose that belly! Get off the couch, learn these 10 moves below and get it done – no excuses!
- Perform as many as you can for 1 minute
- Take a break for 30 seconds.
- Finish off by completing a cool down of five minutes of stretching.
If you want to see how many calories you’re burning using specific exercises check out this site: https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
The 10 Best Fat Burning Moves to Rev Up Your Metabolism
1. March with Arm Circle
Exercise benefits: This move will help warm up your shoulders
- March in place, bringing your knee up to the height of your hip.
- Circle your arms backwards as you do so for 30 seconds, then forward for the remainder of the time.
2. Jumping Jacks
Exercise benefits: Jumping jacks are a great exercise to get your heart rate going and deliver much needed oxygen to your bloodstream and your muscles. This helps you to burn fat at a higher rate, which in turn promotes weight loss.
- Stand tall with your feet together and your hands at your sides.
- Quickly raise your arms above your head while jumping your feet out to the sides.
- Reverse the movement to jump back to the standing position.
- Make sure you are jumping on the balls of your feet when you perform this exercise.
- To modify, step instead of jump to the side and together.
3. High-Knee Run
Exercise benefits: High-knee runs are great for quads, calves and glutes. They can also benefit the hamstrings, abs and shins. High-knee runs can also help to improve your flexibility, increase your run pace and endurance and help strengthen your hips for more stability.
- Bend your elbows at your sides and keep your hands parallel to the floor.
- Run in place, bringing your knees up nice and high so that they touch your hands.
4. Long Jump and Shuffle Back
- Start in a squat position with arms low and slightly behind you.
- Jump forward, and land with your feet and legs in a deep squat position.
- Take 5 to 8 small steps backward until you’re back to the starting point.
5. Butt-Kicker Run
Exercise benefits: This move will work more of your hamstrings and butt muscles as you run.
- Run in place, bringing your heels up to your butt as you do so.
- To keep your heart rate up, pump your arms as you run in place.
Exercise benefits: Burpees are an intense full body exercise that can burn a ton of calories and help to speed up your metabolism
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, with the weight in your heels and your arms at your sides.
- Lower your body into a squat and jump straight up with your hands behind your head.
- Land in a deep squat, bringing your hands to the floor as you do so.
- Jump your feet back into a plank position, holding your abs tight.
- Bend your arms down into a pushup, holding your plank position nice and tight (don’t forget to squeeze your glutes too).
- Jump your feet together in between your hands, then jump up with arms in the air.
- If jumping is too much, try doing a step or hop instead.
- This move is a variation on the classic jumping jack.
- Instead of crossing your arms over your head as you jump, cross your arms in front of you as you bring your feet together.
8. Lunge Skip
Exercise benefits: Lunges are a great move to help improve your coordination and balance. They also strengthen your lower body, including your glutes and hamstrings.
- Step back with your right leg into a lunge.
- Swing your right leg forward to hop up on your left foot and land softly back in a lunge.
- Repeat for 30 seconds on the right leg, then switch sides.
9. Mountain Climber
Mountain climbers challenge your core stability, balance, agility and coordination. They’re great for muscular and cardiovascular fitness as they require you to engage upper arm muscles as well as your core and your legs.
- Start by getting into the plank position – hands on the floor, legs extended behind you, balancing on the balls of your toes.
- Pull one knee up at a time towards your chest like you’re running in place, making sure your body doesn’t sag or come out of the plank position.
- Continue to switch knees, always switching simultaneously so that you are using a running motion.
- Try to be conscious of your body position as you do this move, keeping your abs tight and your spine straight.
10. Side Skater
Exercise benefits: Side skaters are a great, challenging exercise that tone your glutes, hamstrings, thighs and core – all at the same time.
- Start in a squat position.
- With your weight on your right leg, leap sideways to the left, landing on your left leg.
- Bring your right leg behind your left ankle, making sure it doesn’t touch the ground.
- Reverse direction by jumping to the right with your left leg.
A good fat burning cardio workout doesn’t have to take hours in a gym to complete. You can still get amazing weightloss results from this 20 minute full body workout for beginners, all at home and with no equipment required! Now you really don’t have any excuses – you can get healthy, lose that belly and build muscle, faster than an episode of your favorite TV show! So what are you waiting for?
Whether you’re doing a strength training circuit workout at home or running at the gym, a good sports bra is key to getting the most out of your workout. Knowing you’re fully supported by your bra means you worry less about the girls falling out and more about performing your best in your workout! Shefit's Ultimate Sports Bra for big busts does just that, supporting you fully with its custom patented adjustable fit, personalized bust band and two-way wear straps. Give it a try for your next 20 minute workout!