7 Simple and Amazing Uses of Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil
7 Simple and Amazing Uses of Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil
That delicious orange-pink fruit lying in your fruit bowl is more than just a tasty treat. Grapefruit is an amazing fruit that’s chock full of vitamin C, folic acid, potassium and can actually have a positive effect on your weight loss efforts. Simply eating half a grapefruit per day 30 minutes before a meal can help you slim down, as it’s considered a fat burning food that can kick start your metabolism. And the benefits of grapefruit don’t stop there. Its delicious flesh contains at least half of an adult’s typical vitamin C requirements and also contains lycopene and beta-carotene, both of which are health promoting and cancer fighting phytochemicals. You don’t just have to use grapefruit in your favorite recipes to reap the benefits of this delicious fruit – the juice, the flesh, the rind, even the essential oil can all have a major benefit to your health. So read on to discover 7 of the most important health benefits of grapefruit!
DIY Natural Remedies: 7 Amazing Uses & Benefits of Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil
1. Gives you a boost of energy
Grapefruit essential oil makes a great natural mood and energy booster. It can help to increase your mental focus and, when inhaled, can help reduce headaches, sleepiness and mental fatigue. Grapefruit oil also makes a great anti-depressant and can help to calm your nerves.
DIY Grapefruit Essential Oil Recipe for Anxiety:
- Add 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil to 2 oz. of distilled water for a heavenly, calming room spray
- Add the mixture to a spray bottle
- Spray around your bedroom, office, living room, & home gym
MORE NATURAL ENERGY BOOSTERS: Beets for Pre-Workout Fuel: 3 All-Natural Homemade Drink Recipes
2. Boosts your weight loss efforts
You’ve probably never thought to use an essential oil as a booster for your weight loss efforts but grapefruit oil is by far the best choice out there. Grapefruit oil has been known to increase metabolism, help suppress appetite, dissolve fat, prevent bloating and reduce water retention. Simply inhaling or making a drink with the oil will help to boost your weight loss efforts.
Easy DIY Grapefruit Essential Oil Drink Recipe:
- Add 1-2 drops of grapefruit essential oil to one glass of water.
- Drink it first thing in the morning to help boost your metabolism, enhance fat loss, flush out toxins and help manage your weight.
Drinking a glass of grapefruit oil and water after a meal can really help reduce bloating and improve digestion. To reap the benefits of grapefruit oil through inhaling, add a few drops to a cotton ball and slowly breathe in the vapors.
MORE WEIGHT LOSS TIPS : How to Lose Weight: A Quick Morning Routine You Can Do At Home
With all the holiday parties coming up, you’re sure to indulge in a drink or two. And with that comes the dreaded hangover! It can happen to anyone, no matter how careful you are with how much you have to drink. Grapefruit essential oil can help you deal by reducing your headache, cravings and sluggishness after your fun night out!
DIY Grapefruit Essential Oil Recipe for Headaches:
- Diffuse 2 to 3 drops of grapefruit essential oil in your diffuser or add a drop or two to coconut oil for a topical treatment.
- You can also try adding 1-2 drops of the essential oil to your water.
Grapefruit essential oil has been known to help lower your cravings for sugar and can even help you kick your sugar habit when you inhale it directly.
DIY Grapefruit Essential Oil Drink Recipe for Sugar Cravings:
Add 1-2 drops to your water or lemonade and drink up!
5. Boosts your circulation
Grapefruit essential oil has been known to lower inflammation and increase blood flow in your body. It has been used as a natural remedy for PMS cramps, headaches, bloating, fatigue and muscles pains due to the fact that it can stimulate circulation.
DIY Grapefruit Essential Oil Recipe to Relieve Monthly Cramps:
Add 2-3 drops of grapefruit essential oil to coconut oil and massage the mixture over your lower abdomen.
6. Gets rid of stress
The delicious citrus scent of grapefruit can have an uplifting and relaxing effect on your mind. It is also a natural anti-depressant which can help relieve anxiety and stress. The smell of grapefruit oil can have stimulating effects on certain hormones that, in turn, can have an uplifting effect on the brain.
DIY Grapefruit Bath Salt Recipe for Stress Relief:
- 1 cup of epsom salt
- 1 cup of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 15 drops of pink grapefruit essential oil
- Mason jar
- Mix everything in large bowl.
- Pour the mixture in your mason jar for yourself or to give as a gift.
- Place a ribbon around the ring.
- Add a tag and write directions; Add ½ cup of the mixture to a nice, hot bath for a rejuvenating soak!
7. Helps detox your body
Grapefruit essential oil can have a positive effect on digestion by helping you rid your body of excess water. It can also help your body fight tiny microbes within the intestines, gut and other digestive organs.
DIY Grapefruit Essential Oil Drink Recipe:
- Add 1-2 drops of grapefruit essential oil to your water and drink up!
- You can also try adding the oil to a carrier oil like coconut and massage it directly over the liver.
MORE DETOX TIPS: How to Detox (Or Cleanse) Your Body For Weight Loss: The Simple Way
Grapefruit essential oil is a great addition to your essential oil collection. To reap even more benefits from this amazing fruit, try our favorite grapefruit recipe below! Grapefruit is readily available in the winter, so this salad makes the perfect sunny pick-me-up for the long days of winter.
How to Make a Healthy Pink Grapefruit Avocado Salad for Weight Loss
- 2 avocados (peeled & sliced)
- 2 grapefruits (peeled, segmented, seeds removed)
- ½ cup of cooked crab meat or pink shrimp
- 1 tsp. finely chopped shallot
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl or Mason jar.
- Peel and remove seeds of the grapefruit
- Peel and slice the avocados.
- Arrange slices of avocados and grapefruit segments on a plate on top of a bed of lettuce leaves.
- Add cooked crab meat or pink shrimp.
- Drizzle lime dressing over the salad.
- Enjoy, share, and smile!
As you can see, grapefruit is more than just a pretty fruit that adorns your fruit bowl. The countless benefits of grapefruit essential oils alone make it one that you should always have on hand in your collection. Not to mention the amazing weight loss benefits of delicious pink grapefruit, it’s definitely one fruit you’ll want to add to your shopping cart. So jot down the recipes above, head to the grocery store and pick up some of this amazing citrus fruit and its essential oil to start reaping its countless health benefits today!
With any healthy lifestyle routine comes some form of exercise, whether you choose to do low impact exercise like walking or more strenuous activity like running or boot camp. Either way, make sure that you’re wearing the right kind of sports bra for your size and activity. So many women are wearing the wrong kind of bra when they work out, leading to breast pain, irritation and damage to the ligaments inside the breast. That’s where Shefit's high impact bra for large breasts comes in. Its patented adjustability and Zip, Cinch, Lift technology ensure you’re getting the perfect fit every time – no matter what your size.
Photo credit: Bigstock