How to Make Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites with Only 5 Ingredients!
Yummy No Bake Healthy Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Bites
What do you think of when you think of fall? Falling leaves, sweaters and boots, and of course…pumpkin spice! Let’s be honest, pumpkin is fall’s favorite flavor and it’s everywhere! From pumpkin spice lattes to pumpkin muffins, it’s the flavor that everyone wants. But did you know that your favorite fall fruit is actually an ideal food for weight loss? It’s true! Pumpkin is easy to prepare and adds great flavor to all your favorite recipes. That’s why we’re sharing these Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites from Shefit. No bake energy bites are the perfect little ball to have around for snacks, lunches, or even a quick breakfast – and what’s even better they’ll give you that energy boost you need for your next workout! So why choose pumpkin as one of your favorite ingredients? We’ll tell you why!
What makes pumpkin so nutritious?
Pumpkin is chock full of vitamins and minerals. Just one cup of pumpkin has:
- 564 mg of potassium – more than that of a banana. Potassium helps flatten your belly in two ways: It aids in muscle recovery after a workout, and it helps the body flush out water and sodium, reducing bloat.
- 5,000 mcg of the anti-oxidant beta-carotene – perfect for maintaining and supporting your eye site.
- 853 mcg of alpha-carotene – which can help in the prevention of prostate cancer and other types of cancer.
- Nearly 20% of your daily recommended dose of Vitamin C – helps to boost your immune system and help protect your body against colds, flu and infection.
- Pumpkin is also a good source of magnesium – helps to strengthen your teeth and bones.
How can pumpkin keep my skin looking younger?
Pumpkin is also rich in fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids which help to increase cell turnover, and to brighten and smooth skin. Pumpkin’s high levels of Vitamin A and C also help soften the skin and boost collagen production. The pulp makes a wonderful, all-natural face mask that exfoliates and soothes your skin. Try this recipe next time you need a soothing, anti-aging face mask.
- 1/4 cup pureed unsweetened pumpkin (not pumpkin pie)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Place all ingredients into a bowl & mix well.
- Apply to a clean face & leave on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water & pat your face dry.
- Finish with your favorite serum & moisturizer.
How can pumpkin help with weight loss?
Pumpkin is a great food for weight loss due to its low calorie count and high fiber content. Just ½ cup of pumpkin gives you 8 grams of dietary fiber and only 40 calories! Eating high fiber foods will help you feel fuller longer and can help to curb your appetite by slowing down your digestion. Dietary fiber also helps to slow the absorption of sugar/glucose in your body which helps to regulate your blood sugar levels and keep you from triggering an insulin release and unwanted fat storage.
Pumpkin can also help to speed up your metabolism as it contains Vitamin T (Carnitine). This vitamin can also help your body burn fat and increase overall muscle mass.
While pumpkin is a great addition to any healthy diet, it won’t directly cause weight loss. To maximize on all the benefits pumpkin has to offer, try substituting it for a food in your regular diet that is higher in calories. For example, instead of having a calorie rich Pumpkin spice latte before your workout, why not try these super easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Energy bites from Shefit? They contain only 5 ingredients, require no baking and are a low calorie treat. They are also vegan, kid-friendly, sugar free and dairy free! So you can satisfy that pumpkin spice craving with fewer calories and no processed junk!
You’ll notice we opted to use figs instead of dates (which is a common ingredient in most energy bite recipes). The reason for that is because figs are lower in calories than dates but still give you the sweetness you’re after!
Shefit Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites: Healthy Pre-Workout Snack
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup dried figs (more if you want it sweeter)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional if you want more protein)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon beetroot powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon water (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, combine oats and almonds until the almonds are chopped into fine pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add more pumpkin puree if the mixture looks dry.
- Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture into your hand and roll to form into a ball.
- If you’d like, for added color and flavor, try dissolving the beetroot powder in a teaspoon of water, then pouring this mixture in with the coconut in a ziploc bag.
- Seal the bag and shake until all coconut is uniformly colored.
- Roll each energy bite in the pink coconut flakes.
- Store in the fridge or freezer to harden.
- Smile, enjoy and share your Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites!
Whether you like it or not, pumpkin spice is the flavor of the fall season. It’s quickly surpassing falling leaves, sweaters and boots as the sign that fall has finally arrived. So why not make pumpkin a part of your fall healthy eating plan? Not only will it help curb your appetite, it may also even help you with your weight loss goals. Your body (and taste buds) will definitely thank you!
As with any healthy eating plan, you should always make sure you’re getting plenty of exercise too. These no-bake energy bites are a perfect pre-workout snack to give you that boost of energy your body needs. But if the reason for your recent workout avoidance isn’t because of lack of energy, but because of too much bounce and increasing breast discomfort, then know that we have the solution for you! Shefit's Ulitmate Sports Bra is the perfect solution to your problems. Not only does it offer comfort and support with its patented adjustability and two-way straps, it looks great too! So grab yourself a new Shefit bra for big busts, make some no-bake Pumpkin pie energy bites and go get your sweat on!